Food Equipment Service Technician – Dedham, MA
Job ID: 2014-111-NECS007
Due to continued growth, Hobart Service is looking for an experienced Food Equipment Service Technician to join their team.
The selected candidate will be responsible for all areas of field services repair. The candidate will leave from home each day and travel from site to site maintaining and repairing equipment, making sure the overall needs of each customer are met, and
representing Hobart Service in a professional and experienced manner. As a Food Equipment Service Tech, you'll enjoy being the site expert for your customers. The individual will consistently achieve or surpass weekly productivity and service labor revenue
goals assigned by management, while maintaining a high level of customer service skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: adjusting, aligning, assembling, calibrating, inspecting, lubrication and testing of commercial food prep equipment, electrical/mechanical and electronics troubleshooting; will work out solutions in the best
interest of the customer; will be responsible for vehicle inventory and appearance; will need to satisfactorily complete company schools or audio/video field training.
Candidate will comply with all applicable service policies and procedures, maintain frequent contact with the office to receive service assignments and review service problems with advisor, or manager. Must be available for overtime and on-call schedule.
To be considered for this exceptional career opportunity you must have at least the following:
- Accredited High School diploma, Business or trade school or GED
- Excellent mechanical/electrical/electronic aptitude.
- 0-1+ years of experience in food service and equipment repair or related field
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record and able to drive multiple hours per day
- Able to travel and attend training schools
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office products excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Lifting 50-75 lbs with or without assistance
- Climbing up to 8 ft with ladder
- Extensive walking 3-5 miles / day
- Extensive driving 5-6 hours/day
- Kneeling, squatting, bending, pushing/pulling
- Exposure to noise, heat, cold, slippery, wet conditions
- OT as required
If you are a Food Equipment Service Technician who feels comfortable and confident with the skills mentioned above, please apply today!
Pre-employment screenings performed (which includes background checks and drug screening)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at
email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Hobart Service considers all qualified applicants with a criminal history.